Thursday, April 25, 2013

{Beauty Faves} Raw Honey


(Updated 03/15/17) My beauty favorite this week is honey. Yes, that sticky stuff created by bees has found its way into my beauty regimen for good. I'm so impressed by the result I get after using raw honey on my hair and face. And since I have extreme sensitive skin raw honey is a natural product that is very gentle.  Plus, it's a product that you can find anywhere for under $10.

So you maybe wondering, what makes raw honey so great? Naturally raw honey contains enzymes, powerful antioxidants, amino acids and minerals. When applied these properties moisturize, brighten, exfoliate, and protect your skin. That means if you are suffering from dry hair, problem skin or dull skin, raw honey will address them perfectly!
But, remember these properties are only found in raw honey that has not been heated or filtered.
Below I found a few helpful raw honey based recipes that are simple to make. Some I have actually tried and loved, while others I look forward to using.
I also recommended you test raw honey on the back of your hand to see if you could be allergic before applying any to your face or hair. 



Facial Cleanser 
Ingredients: Raw Honey
How To Use: Add a quarter amount of raw honey to wet hands, message into skin and rinse. Follow with your favorite serum or moisturizer. 

Facial Mask
Ingredients: Raw Honey
How To Use: Spread a good amount of raw honey all over your face, relax and let it set for 10-15 minutes and rinse. Personally, I have let it stay on for up to an hour without irritation.

Facial Scrub
Ingredients: Raw Honey and Brown Sugar
How To Use: Mix a teaspoon of brown sugar and raw honey in a small bowl. Apply the mixture and massage into skin. Rinse with warm water.
I have tried a brown sugar scrub by itself, but never with honey. I'm sure the results are amazing since I've enjoy raw honey and brown sugar facials on their own.
A Great Recipe HERE

Hair Treatment /Hair Gloss 
Ingredients: Favorite Hair Conditioner & Raw Honey
How To Use:  Mix together conditioner and raw honey and apply evenly to hair. For a deeper treatment put on a shower cap or heated bonnet. Let this set for 15 minutes or more. Rinse with warm then cold water (to close your hair cuticles)
More Hair Recipes HERE

Hair Lighter
After using raw honey on my wet hair I notice that my hair did lighten up, just a bit. For more noticeable results and details on the process click HERE

Hope you enjoy trying these! More beauty favorite to come!

Image Via wellnesstoday

No comments:

Post a Comment